January 1st… and you know what that means. The Fellsman rollercoaster is starting once again!
Online entries are now open!
Although we are always keen to keep the event as inexpensive as possible, this year we have made the decision to raise the entry fee to £40.
We have done this for two reasons:
- Firstly, as you are well aware, the cost of everything is going up and we have had to account for this in the pricing of this year’s event;
- Secondly, following the poll on the website and on our Facebook page and group, it was clear that the majority of voters (in the region of 85%) were keen to receive some form of commemorative item to mark the event. As we no longer have sponsorship to cover the costs of this we have decided to add £3-4 onto the entry fee to allow us to source one ourselves.
Even with the increase we still believe the Fellsman is one of the best value events around. Your entry fee includes:
- a souvenir handbook;
- your iconic Fellsman tally;
- a commerative item of clothing/equipment;
- hot food and refreshments around the route;
- transport from checkpoints back to Threshfield in the event of retirement;
- car parking at Threshfield;
- a hot meal on your return to Threshfield;
- all P&P as required.
It also includes a £1 donation to the Friends of the Three Peaks Campaign to support their work conserving the footpaths over Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough.
This year we have updated our entry form and contact form software and hope it will be easier to use. And, as reported in our previous post, we have taken steps to add additional security measures to the site to protect your personal data whilst sumbitting your entry form. Please let us know if you have any issues via our Contact Us page, the Facebook page, or email direct to email@example.com.
If you require a postal entry, please contact us for a downloadable pdf copy of the form.
Thank you for reading, we are looking forward to receiving your entries and welcoming you on this year’s 55th Fellmsan!
The Fellsman Committee
Important Update: We have identified that, due to an error in PayPal set-up, the entry fee has been charged at £41 rather than the advertised £40 for those entering between 00:01 and 15:20 on the 1st Jan 2017. We can only apologise sincerely for this mistake, made due to a last minute decision to absorb the PayPal administration charges we incur (and have previously covered by an Online entry surcharge) in the Entry Fee price. Those affected can collect a £1 cash refund at the start of the event or request a PayPal refund by email. Any unclaimed refunds will be donated to the Friends of the Three Peaks.