Hello, and welcome to the catering department!! Here’s 2023’s Checkpoint menu. As you can imagine it is impossible to cater for every need, however we strive to feed as many of you as possible. With this in mind, please read this section carefully as it now includes vegetarian, vegan, GF and dairy free options noted where available. As always we are running our Unique Food Parcel Delivery Service – if you have a special dietary requirement and would like to use this service, or need further information about the food provided anywhere on the event, please get in touch as soon as possible. Supplies of some items are based on the number of people who have been in touch, so it’s important that we know you would like to use these in advance!
ROADSIDE CHECKPOINT MENU 2023
- All roadside checkpoints will have a carton of soya milk for drinks
- All roadside checkpoints will have a limited supply of GF biscuits for those who have let us know in advance.
- The following biscuits are vegan – bourbons, cookies n crème. Please ask at the checkpoint, all will have at least one.
- The ginger nuts and oaties may contain milk. The fig rolls, milk/dark choc digestives, custard creams, all contain milk. The jaffa cakes contain egg and milk.
HILL INN : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, BISCUITS
KINGSDALE : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOME-MADE FLAPJACK, BISCUITS
- The flapjack is vegetarian, contains oats/milk. May contain eggs, nuts, soya. There’ll hopefully be a GF alternative.
DENT : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, SAUSAGE/CHEESE&ONION ROLLS, BEANS, BREAD/BUTTER, ORANGES, MELON, BISCUITS
- All our baked beans on the event are GF and vegan, and do not contain garlic.
- All the sliced bread on the event is vegan. There will be a limited suppl of GF bread for those who have… etc.
- There will be a limited amount of vegan rolls for those who have let us know in advance.
- The cheese/onion rolls are vegetarian, contain milk/garlic . The sausage rolls contain milk/garlic.
- The tomato sauce at checkpoints is made to a vegan recipe in a non-vegan environment.
STONEHOUSE : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, PASTA & TOMATO SAUCE, GRATED CHEESE, BREAD/BUTTER, CAKES, JAM, RAISINS, BISCUITS
- There will be GF pasta available for those who… (cooked to order on request) and some GF bread…
- The pasta and tomatoes are Vegan, just don’t add cheese. There will be some ‘Sheese’ instead!
- The grated cheese is GF, as are the raisins.
REDSHAW : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOTDOGS, ONIONS, SAUCES, TOMATO SOUP, CHEESE, BANANAS, MALT LOAF, JAM, BISCUITS
- There will be a limited amount of vegan hotdogs for both (declared) vegtarian and vegans.
- The malt loaf is from Aldi and is vegan. All ‘butter’ at the checkpoints is vegan.
- The tomato soup contains gluten, may contain milk, celery, eggs.
- The crispy onions are vegan but contain gluten, sorry.
- The finger rolls are vegetarian, may contain milk/sesame. There will be limited GF rolls for those…
- There will be baked beans (vegan/GF) on request if needed.
FLEET MOSS : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, BEAN STEW, BREAD, CHEESE, RICE PUDDING, FRUIT SALAD, BISCUITS
- The Bean Stew is completely Gluten Free and Vegan. Every ingredient has been double checked!
- The bread rolls are all vegan. A limited amount of GF….
- The rice pudding is Gluten Free and Vegetarian, contains Milk.
- The grated cheese is GF. There will be some ‘Sheese’.
CRAY : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, VEGETABLE SOUP, BREAD/BUTTER, CHEESE, JAM, MARMITE, BISCUITS
- The vegetable soup is vegetarian but contains Gluten and celeriac.
- The ‘Marmite’ is Vegan and Gluten Free
- Limited GF / vegan soup (Batchelors Lentil and Veg – contains garlic)) / baked beans and GF bread…
PARK RASH : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, HOT CHOCOLATE, COCKTAIL SAUSAGES, BREAD/BUTTER, JAM, CAKE, RAISINS, BISCUITS
- The hot chocolate is GF but contains milk. There is a vegan / GF alternative, including sweetened soya milk.
- There will be a vegetarian alternative to the sausages, tbc.
YARNBURY : TEA, COFFEE, JUICE, FLAPJACK (+some GF biscuits and some vegan ones)
- The flapjack is vegetarian, contains oats/milk. May contain eggs, nuts, soya.
Catering at Threshfield
The catering staff at Threshfield cook a full range of meals for the staff from Friday supper to Sunday lunch. This includes Entrants’ supper on Friday, Entrants’ breakfast on Saturday, and Entrants’ meals from Saturday teatime onwards. All Entrants will be provided with a hot meal when they return to Threshfield. This meal will depend on what time of day (or night) you arrive!! They are generally based on the nearest meal being served to the staff. It is not always possible to run a full meals service throughout Saturday night due to staff shortages, but entrants arriving during this time are able to have a snack and save their meal ticket for Sunday. Hot drinks will always be available, and no-one will ever go hungry!! Here’s a very general overview for you –
Entrant Supper (Friday) – Pasta bake, cake
- All vegetarian.
- GF/vegan pasta and sauce can be done, please ask. Some ‘Sheese’ will be available.
- Please note – the pasta sauce contains dairy. The cake is not Gluten Free and contains dairy/egg. The tiger bread does not contain dairy but warns it is made in a place where it is present.
Entrant Breakfast (Saturday) – Porridge/cereal/fruit salad, bacon rolls
- Cornflakes as GF alternative to Porridge, soya /oat milk optional
- GF bread available for butties
- Egg butties veggie option
- Declared vegans will be catered for, details tbc.
Sat Eve – Baked potatoes with chilli or cheese, wraps, tortilla chips, salad. Fruit pie
- Veggie options: cheese / beans / coleslaw
- Vegan options: ‘Sheese’, beans, salad.
- GF options: grated cheese, beans, coleslaw. Fruit.
Sun from 6am – Cornflakes / ‘weetabix’, fruit salad, egg, bacon, beans, sausage. Toast, Jam. Hot drinks etc.
- Veggie option: eggs, beans, tomatoes, hash browns, toast
- Vegan option: toast, beans, tomatoes, hash browns
- GF option: cornflakes, toast, bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes, hash browns
I’ve tried to be as comprehensive as I can, but I’ve reached a point where I need to publish this article! If you have a question, just ask. I will try to answer 🙂
Need more info? Get in touch asap… Shona (checkpoints) and Em (Threshfield)